caesarspalace

The End of Manual Transmission - The Atlantic

Post by caesarspalace »

VA7CPL
2015 JKU Rubicon
Red Rock

Re: The End of Manual Transmission - The Atlantic

Post by Red Rock »

The loss of manual transmissions is certainly a shame. Thankfully, both the Jeep JL/JT and Ford Bronco continue to offer manual options. I suspect the off-road segment will be among the last to lose a manual option.

I have long been a fan of the manual. I had wanted one in the Xterra but I would have had to have done a factory order to get one and I wasn't that patient. I had to special order my Audi to get a manual. Ann-Marie's CX3 only comes in Manual if you get the front wheel drive option. AWD was more important so an automatic was mandatory.

As far as my new truck is concerned, you cannot get an F350 with a manual in any trim level. That will leave my Jeep as the only manual vehicle in my fleet. So sad.
Filip

Post by Filip »

I made sure 100% of my fleet is manual!
martin

Post by martin »

I regret not getting a manual on my jeep. I had manual on my cars until my last vehicle (previous to the jeep) and really should have gotten a jeep with a stick. But with my kids hitting driving age and my wife not wanting to learn stick, I chickened out.
BuzzBee

Post by BuzzBee »

I agree manuals are great off road, but with many of us entering the "tow life" they don't fit the bill for as many tasks.
I will always go to a properly geared manual as first choice for rocks and tougher terrain.

But now, my ride is auto. Could not pass up on the tow capacity that is almost double with the auto.
It's longer now!